I know I fucked up, so bad, but there is always a possibility to recover from it.
Recently seen a lot of drop in the followers of this blog, reason being I am trying my best to avoid my presence on the web. Avoiding the un-nessary chaos that I created with putting my ideaologies on the web and clashing with someone having the opposite of the thinking curve. These conversations results in uselss time waste. Thus I really stop posting. So now with limited followers, I can use this website/blog as a personal Journal instead of the mass communication targetted. (Personal Journal open to access by all….thats sounds cool idea at this moment of time, *may bite me on my ass in future, but presently it sounds so COOL)
But what I really did with the so much saved up time?
Binge Watch NETFLIX
Scatterd Watching Youtueb Video after Youtube Video.
Seriously I keep thinking What I am doing with my life at the peak age of 31 years.
I joined up edX platform for a Audit Course on Data Scinece in the month of Nov 2020.
Four months down the line, the distance learning without a supervison is way difficult that actually going and attending a class in University or College.
I know this post my thoughts are disorganised and all over the place. But I feel….currelty no one is reading it so I am free to type my mind out.
So the difficulties I face in Distance Learing are:
- Lack of Motivation: You dont really feel like to study. The concept of Delayed Gratificaiton is not present in everyone by deafult, so you tend to reap up the present fruit instead of sticking to your study routine.
- Having So Much on Your Plate: You think you will Binge Study all the subjects like giving 8 hours per day time to study instead of the 4 hour per week time as suggested by the cource coordinator. But in reality neither you spend the recommed 4 hours nor the ideal 8 hour time toward your study
- Distractions Distractions Distractions: If you house, palce of study or the workplace is not designed to make you focus on your study, you get distracted on doing other day to day household duties as they seem importat right at that moment. (When they are really not)
- Procastination: The energy required to build the momentum to study at home is never self born. Untill you force yourself to study, you never even start.
- Self Evaluation: Your self worth at the time of your study seems so low that you loose hope to ever be on the market using the education you are studing. This is pure negative thinking, I am aware, but lacking the patience to put effor in study, make the false demons seems real.
- Ideal Study Day : There is none. You think of the day that you will feel like studing, but it never arrived. Every day is Ideal day if we make it like that. Without dedicating at least a small amount of time toward your study, you will never do it.
- Ergonomics: Sounds fantcy word, but really it dose affect. If you dont have a ergonomics sitting place to work or study, you end up leaving that work/study place more often due to the restles postion you are in.
- Social Support: It sounds absurd, but when you discuss what you are doing with your peers and if they dissaprove of your activities, even that hampers your study. I know the devil is in your own thinking and thus the key to fight the devil must also be present inside your mind. But the social acceptence is a key feature while performing any task. (Recommeded Reading : IKIGAI)
- Resources for Learning. I know this factor is applied to some and not applied to others. For exaple there are still countries where electricity and internet are availiable only in limited quantities/time to making it difficult to opt distance learning as their choise of study pathway. Other thing from personal experince is the funding to put on distance learning. My free/scholarship pathway to study Data Science on EdX expires on 24th March 2021 and currently and very unfortunatley I dont have the $1000+ required to fund that professional certificate. I have to make my way to reach out to that funding complete that course. Other way round, if you have too much resources in the online age, even that hampers in a negative way of self doubt are you on the right track or not.
- _______________________________________ I will leave this 10th point blank as you might fill this youself. My list can keep continuing as I am a bit pessimistic thinker. But all the above point seems genuine to me at the time of writing this article.
Since now you have the main points why we dont feel like to study. There must be solutions to every problem. As Dr. Anand Raj says, “Stick some glue on your seat and start studing”. More on that on next post.
Please Like/Share/Subscribe to give me Social Dopamine Boost ha ha